Resources are very important concerning mental health: a lot of times people do not know where to go for specific things. Below is a list of resources. If you need more, contact us! We’re here for you.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Phone Number: 1-800-273-8255
- If you ever think of harming yourself, please do not hesitate to call this number any time 24/7! There are trained, caring people available to talk to you.
- Headspace gives excellent descriptions of how to meditate, the benefits of meditation, tips for meditation, and even guided meditation videos and links. Medical students and health professionals also have access to a free subscription.
- Here a few articles on the importance of mental health, the prevalence of disparities in specific demographics, and more tips for better mental health.
Therapy & Counseling:
- This is usually the first thought that comes to people’s minds when thinking about mental health. Therapy sessions can have many positive effects when you find a compatible professional and are fully invested in the process. Here are a few links that discuss the benefits of therapy.
- These are another aspect of mental health. Whenever we are down, we tend to look more at our current situation and our flaws than on our greatness and gifts. Repeating daily positive affirmations may seem like an ineffective chore at first, but over time, you will start to embody and believe the affirmations. The first link is a description of affirmations and how they work, and the rest are links to some affirmations.
- Mindful.org is an excellent guide for those who are looking to incorporate mindfulness into their daily lives. It includes guided meditations, daily practices, mindful mini-courses, and scholarly articles on the physical and mental benefits of mindfulness.
- The Mindful Twenty-Something: Life Skills to Handle Stress and Everything Else gives great insight into the importance of mindfulness, especially in your twenties, how to handle stress and life in general, and different meditation techniques.
Yoga For Beginners:
Here are some videos of quick online yoga classes for beginners who are looking to start practicing yoga.