Taking tests is a crucial part of your education. Unfortunately, that can cause a lot of stress. Here we included some helpful tips for you all:
- Know the test – all questions are worth the same amount, how much time do you have per question, etc.
- Use time wisely. Wearing a digital watch might help you keep track of time.
- Read carefully.
- Anticipate the answer before you see the choices.
- Attempt to understand the author’s motives and intentions (reading comprehension).
- Attempt every question but do the easier ones first (or order that appeals to you).
- Actively reason through the questions.
- Don’t pick a question just because it SOUNDS right or is even factually true; the answer must answer that specific question.
- Mark questions
- Process of Elimination (POE): Eliminate obviously wrong answers
- Work through many practice questions
- These allow you to realize why you get questions wrong (fatigue, misreading, pacing, need to brush up on topic)
You got this!