Higher Education Day
- 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
On Thursday, August 20th from 5-9:30 PM, we are partnering with QuarantineCon to host a day for our future physicians and dentists!
For all those considering Medical School, Dental School, and other professional programs: It’ll be a day to hear from doctors, deans, admissions directors, and current students in the following sessions:
- Intro to Medicine/Intro to Dentistry: The purpose of this panel is to highlight the value of pursuing a career in medicine or dentistry. Our panelists will answer questions centered around a career in their field, as well as providing helpful advice on how to navigate opportunities.
- Admissions 101: The purpose of this panel is to hear about the overall admission process including what admissions committees are looking for and how to be successful in your journey.
- Main Event: Life in Medical or Dental School: The purpose of this panel is to showcase current students and doctors, as they share insights on the journey of pursuing a graduate degree, the challenges faced, and the types of classes or specialties to consider along the way.
- Let’s Get Real: The purpose of this panel is to share unfiltered thoughts about the journey. We will be discussing topics such as being a minority in your respective field, social life, mental health, and finances, amongst several other topics.
Register now at HigherEducationDay.co and be sure to submit a question for our panelists!
Our mission is to innovatively increase representation in healthcare careers by improving access to information and resources.
- Intro to Medicine: 5:30 PM-6:30 PM
- Erica Sutton, MD : Minimally Invasive Surgery, Morehouse College
- Clausyl Plummer, MD : Brain Injury (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation), Vanderbilt University
- Taku Mkorombindo, MD : Pulmonology and Critical Care Fellow, University of Alabama, Birmingham
- Shawn Price, MD : Orthopedic Surgeon, Fortis Orthopaedic and Sarcoma Group (Louisville, KY)
- Medical School Admissions 101: 6:30-7:30PM
- Stephen Wheeler, MD : Dean of Admissions, University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Cedric Bright, MD : Associate Dean for Admissions, East Carolina University School of Medicine
- Dwayne Compton, Ed.D, M.Ed: Associate Dean for Community Engagement and Diversity, University of Louisville School of Medicine
- David Rose, MD : Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Admissions, Howard University College of Medicine
- Main Event: Life in Medical School: 7:30-8:30 PM
- Tamanda Douglas, MD : Anesthesiology Resident, University of Maryland
- Daniel Amponsah, MD: Internal Medicine Resident, Harvard University
- Rachel O’Reggio : Medical Student, University of Michigan
- Lemuel Hackshaw : Medical Student, University of Connecticut
- Let’s Get Real – Medical School: 8:30-9:30 PM
- Gilbert Murimwa, MD : General Surgery Resident, University of Texas, Southwestern (Dallas, TX)
- Stephen Canton, M.S. : Medical Student, University of Pittsburgh
- Karen Udoh : Medical Student, University of Louisville
- Jasmine Eatman, M.S. : MD/PhD Candidate, Emory University
- Intro to Dentistry: 5:30 PM-6:30 PM
- Jared Williams, DDS General Dentistry
- Tiffani McElrath, DDS General Dentistry
- Janelle McQueen, DDS Orthodontics
- Dental School Admissions 101: 6:30-7:30PM
- Todd Ester, DDS: Assistant Dean of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, University of Michigan
- John Cottrell: Director of Minority and Special Programs & Clinical Instructor, University of Missouri- Kansas City
- Sherry Babbage, DMD: Coordinator of Diversity and Inclusion, University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- Main Event: Life in Dental School: 7:30-8:30 PM
- Trey Hester : Dental Student, University of Detroit Mercy
- Erin Howard : Dental Student, Tufts University
- Erika Baker : Dental Student, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Brittanie Height : Dental Student, East Carolina University
- Let’s Get Real – Dental School: 8:30-9:30 PM
- Chelese Moore : Dental Student, University of Michigan
- Jordan Brown, DDS : AEGD Resident, University of Florida
- Tavian Simmons : Dental Student, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- DeVonte Johnson, M.S. : Dental Student, Tufts University